- Sign-up for Counseling
- Creating a Schedule for At-Home Learning
- Attending to Socioemotional Needs in the Quarantined Home
- SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Line (24/7): Call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor
- Solano County Crisis Resources (PDF)
- Boris Lawerence Henson Foundation Offers Free Virtual Therapy for the African American Community
- Parenting and Technology in a Pandemic
- 17 Apps to Help Kids Stay Focused
- How to Clean and Disinfect Your Home
- How to Talk to Your Kids about Coronavirus
- PIQE Online Resources & Covid-19 Information
- So You Have Questions About the Corona Virus (SPANISH)
- Supporting Children That Are Worried About the Coronavirus
- Child Mind Institute – When a child is struggling, the whole family is affected. At the Child Mind Institute we want to help you make good decisions for your kids and navigate the challenges of parenting. We explore the concerns and challenges we hear about most from parents and provide expert guidance on how to respond in the most effective way.
- ABCmouse (library access only)
Interactive books, educational games, puzzles, and other learning activities, for children (ages 2-7+) to help them practice reading, math, science, social studies, art, and music.
A genealogy resource with access to historical records and family trees for discovering, preserving and sharing family history.
- Auto Repair Source (formerly Automate)
AutoMate provides the up-to-date service and repair information for thousands of domestic and imported vehicles. Includes step-by-step repair information, diagrams, maintenance schedules, parts and labor estimates, service bulletins and recalls.
- Books24x7 ITPro
Get on-demand access to recent unabridged content of thousands of IT and technology books and documents easily accessible from your desktop or mobile devices. Quick First Time Guides
- Britannica School
Learn more about any subject, for any grade and all reading abilities. Britannica School offers thousands of up-to-date, curated, and curriculum-relevant articles, images, videos, audio clips, primary sources, maps, research tools, recommended Web sites in three separate grade-level databases: Elementary, Middle, or High. Also available in Espanol.
- Consumer Reports
Provides frequently updated resources of information and advice on consumer products for better purchasing decisions.
- Discover & Go
Get free and discounted passes to local museums and cultural institutions through Discover & Go. Check out the Discover & Go FAQs.
- Driver’s Education Program
Study for a drivers permit using realistic practice tests. Resource provides learning materials based specifically on the permit manual from the California DMV. Includes tests for car, motorcycle and commercial driver’s license. Practice tests in Spanish also available.
- EBSCO Explora
Combines Masterfile Complete and Newspaper Source Plus into one single search. Find articles from full-text journals, magazines, trade publications and newspaper articles from thousands of sources. Also, seek out Topic Overviews to begin your research on thousands of subjects.
- Enki E-books
Check out, download and enjoy titles from this growing collection of fiction and nonfiction from smaller and independent publishers on your computer or portable device. FAQs
- HeritageQuest Online
A genealogical database with access to census data, family records and local histories.
- Hoopla Digital
Enjoy nearly half a million titles, from six different formats: movies, TV shows, music albums, audiobooks , e-books, and comics/graphic novels. All in one location, from your computer, tablet or Smartphone! FAQs
Kanopy film streaming service features classic and world cinema, indie films and top documentaries. FAQs
Prepare for entrance exams and certification tests by taking practice tests and tutorials.
- Legal Information Reference Center
A resource of over 250 Nolo press legal reference titles in full-text, detailed how-to instructions, and thousands of forms on a wide range of legal issues. Basic User Guide
Provides a vast library of streaming online instructional videos covering the latest software, creative, and business skills. *Please note, a traditional library card (not e-card) is required to access this database. FAQs
- Mango Languages
Learn a new language. Courses in over 70 languages available.
- MasterFile Complete (EBSCO)
A comprehensive collection of full-text journals, magazines and trade publications of general interest topics including business, health, education, general science, and multicultural issues.
- NoveList Plus
Readers’ advisory resource which helps fiction, narrative non-fiction (including biography) readers and audiobook listeners find new authors and titles, keep track of series, and prepare for book group discussions.
- OverDrive eBook and Audiobook Library **Effective July 1, 2020 Important Information About Overdrive**
Download ebooks and audiobooks of best-selling and classic titles anytime and anywhere to your PC, Mac, ebook reader or mobile device. Need help starting? Try our First-Time User Guides. FAQS
- RBdigital – Magazines (formerly Zinio)
Check out, download and enjoy whole digital editions of full color popular magazines on your computer or mobile device. First-Time User Guide
- Tumblebook Library
E-books for kids! Tumblebooks has story books, audio books, puzzles and games. Great for parents and kids.
- Tutor.com (formerly Live Homework Help)
Free chat tutoring for grades K-12, college intro and adult learners. Every day, 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. 24 hour access to Skills Center Resource Library with worksheets, tutorials, study guides, and more.
- Anxiety & Depression Association of America – Spanish & English
- Recursos en español
- El Rostro del Trauma
- ¿Por que tenemos temor/estigma en buscar ayuda para nuestra salud mental?
Access to Food
- Application for Free/Reduce Lunch: https://www.nlappscloud.com
- School Menus – Google Drive LINK
- GTA Grab & Go Meals, Mondays and Thursdays 11:00 pm – 1:00 pm. Please park on Rainier St to come into MIT Academy through the back gate. Contact Diana Yepez for questions at [email protected].
Solano County Food Stamps Program (Cal Fresh) -to apply, contact 1-877-847-3663 or visit https://www.
Food Bank of Solano County- https://www.
foodbankccs.org/get-help/ foodbycity/get-food-vallejo. html
VCUSD Meal Services, https://
- Solano County Department of Health and Social Services: Food assistance, Cash AID assistance, Covered CA resources, Child welfare services
- Solano County Emergency Pop-Up Childcare
- Verizon Smart Family, Location Tracking & Parental Protection
Smart family offers Location Tracking and Check-in options. Pause your child’s internet access and manage calls and text. Block certain sites with content filters.
- Sprint Parental Controls – From Sprint
Kids get stylish phones to keep connected with friends and family, while you can control Internet access, texting, content purchases, voice calls and camera use.
Family and Parental Controls | T-Mobile Privacy CenterT-Mobi
le offers parents device management and blocking controls through optional family allowances services. Learn more about these services here.
Physical Well-Being –
- 34 Self-Care Tips to do Before Bedtime
- Exercising to Relax
- How to Get A Full-Body Strength Training Workout at Home
- See 10 Do 10
- Sleep Guidelines During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Stress Relief Tips and Exercises
- Total Body Strength Training and Core Workout for Beginners
- Variety of techniques can help calm the mind for better sleep
- Johnson & Johnson 7 Minute Workout
- Latinx Therapy
- How to Handle Coronavirus Anxiety
- Breathing Exercises to Relieve Anxiety and Stress
- How to Calm Down When You Feel Anxious
- Beat Your Isolation Loneliness
- Coping During Covid 19 How to Stay Happier and Calmer in Difficult Times
- How to Work Productively From Home in a Time of Social Distancing